DP&L encourages customers to beat the heat by staying cool and saving energy
DAYTON, Ohio – June 21, 2018 – The Dayton Power and Light Company (DP&L), a subsidiary of The AES Corporation (NYSE: AES), encourages customers to be safe and practice energy efficiency as temperatures rise during the summer months.According to the Department of Energy (DOE), heating and cooling can account for half of a household’s energy use, so it’s important to understand how extreme fluctuations in temperature can affect their energy use.
Here are a few energy efficiency programs that can help DP&L customers take control of their electric bills:
- Take advantage of heating and cooling rebates for your home, which is a great first step to increasing comfort and managing energy usage at home. Learn more.
- Save up to $150 on your energy bill every year by letting DP&L pick up and recycle your old (working) refrigerator or freezer. Plus, we'll pay you $50 per appliance. Get an additional $20 if you have an older, inefficient room air conditioner or dehumidifier we can pick up at the same time. Learn more.
- DP&L Marketplace provides the convenience of shopping for energy-saving products and instant rebates on smart thermostats from your laptop, tablet, or mobile device all while in the comfort of your own home.
In addition to these energy efficiency programs, there are other easy ways to save:
- Adjust your thermostat. The bigger the temperature difference between outside and inside your home, the harder your home is working to keep cool, which can result in spiked energy usage.
- Seal air leaks. Weather stripping and proper insulation will keep cool air inside your home.
- Use ceiling or floor fans to keep cool. Fans offer an inexpensive alternative to setting the thermostat to a lower temperature because fans cool people, not rooms.
- Enroll in DP&L Budget Billing. When you know what to expect, it’s easier to plan your budget. DP&L Budget Billing automatically evens out the monthly highs and lows so your energy bills are more consistent.
For more helpful tips to lower your usage and manage your energy bill as well as billing and payment options, visit dpandl.com.